Monday, January 28, 2008

Outlander of the Day ~ Senator Barack Obama

Paul Rosenberg asks What If Obama Tried to Split The Right, Instead of the Left? and he even supplies alternative views of Ronald Reagan for the Senator to consider using next time. Truly I wish there were alternatives to Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, or even John Edwards even though I've long supported him given this field. If on Russ or Al or ... were in the race.

At times Obama takes it to the right. Still, his belief that he'll be able to sit down with Big Pharma and Big Insurance to agree on a way forward on Health Care plus other efforts to appear bipartisan or moderate frustrates me. Jonathan Alter is just plain wrong but I'll not take time to follow the many paths I could. Populism might not win but Progressivism can! And please do follow the money for Senators Obama and Clinton from the insurance and drug corporations.

FYI, my post referencing the foolishness behind false claims that Barack Obama will not say the Pledge of Allegiance and/or sing the National Anthem ... plus the scandal that he, like several candidates, including some from God's Own Party, doesn't wear an American flag lapel pin ... gets lots of traffic. I suppose some people are searching for information. I just hope they don't get to a wingnut provocateur before I hopefully can show them the facts. Facts are indeed stubborn things, as The Gipper himself said. P/W

UPDATE - Evening of January 29, 2008 - When Cal Thomas praises you, as he did in the Alabama Daily of my youth The Anniston Star, then in my book something is very amiss.

No comments: