Thursday, January 10, 2008

Outlander of the Day ~ Congressman Ron Paul

I've somewhat enjoyed having Ron Paul in the GOP race as his allegedly Libertarian views are ones that at times I'm sympathetic to. Also, given the talent and reliable reliance on time tested talking points of the other candidates in the GOP race it has been nice to have Paul in the mix. I am however most intolerant of intolerance. David Neiwart builds off the work of Jamie Kirchick at The New Republic to reveal plenty about Texas Congressman Ron Paul's past and present. I'll save going after the Ludwig von Mises Institute, a libertarian think tank based in my very own Auburn, Alabama, for another day. An earlier post of David's is even more frightening. I'm thinking, or at least hoping, the average Paul pal isn't a right wing racist yet once they become aware of all of this foolishness I'm not sure they ought to continue their support. P/W

No comments: