Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Highlanders of the Day ~ David Sirota and ...

My dearest friend asked me to explain Progressive vs. Liberal as we did our evening phone call, the best part of pretty much my every day. I fumbled about some with a decent effort but then told her I'd get back to her with a concise explanation. I'll let David take this one. (As a bonus I like how he scolds Senator Obama on one issue from back in 2005! Much more to learn grasshopper.)

Truly I thought of David Sirota even while I was trying to form my thoughts earlier this evening. He's been a frequent Highlander here and I'm a better soul for reading his work. Naomi Klein might be at the top of my list these days however.

Dkosopedia's Progressive entry is here and Liberal is here. Either surely beats nasty "hole in the head" conservatism although at times I've even admitted being a "Propservralist" as a blend of Progressive, Populist, Conservative, Liberal, and finally Pragmatist. P/W

No comments: