Thursday, January 10, 2008

Highlander of the Day ~ Alabama Two Year College Chancellor Bradley Byrne

Chancellor Bradley Byrne is kicking butt and taking names. Today's name is Susan Whaley Salatto, long associated with and now the suspended and about to be fired President of Southern Union Community College. Tin Shop Tartan commented on her hiring way back when.

From news yesterday that Roanoke Mayor Spec Bonner was indicted to getting a call from back East over Susan being told to clean out her desk, I'm starting to wonder what the heck is going on back home. I leave and the powers that be find themselves in the doghouse. Even though I've locked horns with Spec at least once before, I hate he and his have trouble. I've long thought Spec was in the wrong based on what I understood about the Condy/ALCOTE deal but figured it was more about his being contrary than criminal. Here's hoping that Chancellor Byrne is not finished cleaning up the Alabama JuCos. P/W

No comments: