Sunday, January 20, 2008

Here's a great effort for Don Siegelman

Back in the day I'd get regular holiday cards from the Siegelman family and recall Dana, pictured with Lori and Don to the left, as a child. I feel even older than normal seeing this image. She's a lovely young woman. I'm sure her parents are proud of her.

Away from my own son and other loved ones, through my own decision to serve my country, as contrasted with what Don suffered as our country's judicial system was used for seemingly political purposes, I can't help but think about what Don is missing. Again, I wasn't always pleased with "The Don" but from what I've learned the cases seem weak and should have never wound up in court. "Relatively" guilty isn't justice! Don is clearly entitled to be released as his appeals wind their way through our system.

However, resources like this from Friends of Don Siegelman 2007 help me think some measure of justice may come from this mess. I'll hope it arrives sooner rather than later. I saw a Doss Aviation truck out here at Fort Lewis just the other day and got a combination of queasy and angry as I thought of Judge Mark Fuller.

Hang in there Siegelmans! P/W

No comments: