Monday, March 10, 2008

William Kristol's audacious advice for John McCain

Given the image I better go ahead and explain that one suggestion "serious, respected conservative intellectual" William Kristol gave St. John was to "persuade the most impressive conservative in American public life, Clarence Thomas, to join the ticket". I kid you not! Offering up Uncle Clarence came only after offering up "hawkish and principled" Honest Joe Lieberman however. Alternative running mates were also Generals David Petraeus or Raymond Odierno.

On the subject of Iraq, he suggested St. John "could mock the narcissism of the Obama supporters, who think they’re the ones we’ve been waiting for — by pointing out that their contemporaries serving in the armed forces are the ones making real sacrifices on our behalf." What one of those contemporaries who did serve is alleged to have done to a student down in my beloved Auburn immediately comes to mind yet his idea that service under arms, where I make a living now, is the only service worthy of praise offends me, as does much from Mr. Kristol.

I've posted on him before yet most recently here. Translating Kristol's French I get "Audacity, more audacity, always audacity." How appropriate for this right wing hack who is wrong on pretty much everything. John Gunn

No comments: