Saturday, June 07, 2008

Hillary's exit provides good place to look at sexism


Amanda Marcotte is on FDL's Book Salon to promote her new book It's a Jungle Out There: The Feminist Survival Guide to Politically Inhospitable Environments plus I also found the Women's Media Center's collection of just a small sampling of the sexism directed toward Hillary Clinton during this campaign. I was certainly no fan of Hillary, or Obama for that matter, before this primary began yet I'll certainly accept I've learned much about this nation because of their campaigns. Either would do and I do hope Barack Obama will live up to the trust we've placed in him. Regardless of the outcome, the way that Hillary Clinton was treated by some in the media at least gives us a chance to examine sexism. Racism will be in the mix as well with Senator Obama running for office. 2008 may prove to be as important an election as any we've had and it might not even depend on the outcome. John Gunn

No comments: