Friday, June 20, 2008

Barack Obama might very well not get my vote

In Alabama I'm used to throwing away my votes. I've seldom if ever voted Republican, at least on the national level, and generally vote under the rooster. I may have voted for David Cobb in 2004 and Nader in 2000 in fact. In a close election I'd not have that luxury. In 2008 I'm thinking I'll remain the contrarian unless BO makes some significant turns to the left.

Today I'm chapped with several of the "leaders" in the Democratic Party. Most relates to the FISA legislation that passed The House today. There's Nancy Pelosi, Rhambo, and that damned Steny Hoyer, whom I've noted before is a corporate tool. Although some suggest Senator Obama might still do the right thing next week, if he wasn't able to stop these sellouts in the House from floating this dreadful deal then maybe he's either not strong enough or Progressive enough to deserve my vote. That he's lending a hand to Georgia Blue Dog John Barrow is yet another reason he's risking my vote. There's a slim chance Senator Majority Leader Reid might can salvage this mess yet I'm not hopeful.

At least Senator Russ Feingold and a few true Progressives are willing to call BS on this deal. RDF is all about the backbone! John Gunn

No comments: