Thursday, April 12, 2007

Toon of Truth ~ Ward Sutton's "Where's My Party"

Ward Sutton is back. The 4th, 6th, 7th and 8th lines are what chaps me most often. As a caveat, there are plenty of solid Democratic Party members and even a few leaders that do a fine job representing the party. Less of the regularly booked pundits and maybe even less of the consultant class see to "get it" however. I've seen the GOP's discipline and message machine routinely whipping my team and often I've felt we've allowed them to have their way with us. Why? I recall fussing in the last campaign I worked that we needed more command and less consensus, which I doubt the average Republican effort suffers from. Embracing Progressivism and Populism seems to me to be the way forward. Russ Feingold's "backbone" is a good example of what works. Peace ... or War!

No comments: