Saturday, April 07, 2007

Cornerstone of the Day ~ Patriotism

Trying something new, at least for a while, I'll share a daily quote. They'll often be from two Progressive Farmer Cornerstones collections that date back to the early 90s. Looks like there are two more since I first obtained. Even when not I'll label as "Cornerstone" in that it relates to building, even if mostly symbolic. I find building rock walls, almost always just dry stacked, is one of my most rewarding activities. The craft, not to mention the physics, of making a good foundation that will hold might apply. Words of wisdom do that for our lives I suppose.

Progressive Farmer provides this one, from George Santayana, that follows
A man's feet should be planted in his country, but his eyes should survey the world.
I suppose I'll ponder on this one, plus several other constructs, as I debate tackling some disturbing posts I stumbled across. These posts are on a blog that is apparently based in Madison, Alabama. I'd read the term before yet to see "dhimmicrat" thrown around so much forced me to use The Google. Some very harsh views and yet I'm not sure if I'd want to question the thinking of anyone that posts as "Sniper One" on "7.62mm Justice". Peace ... or War

No comments: