Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Cornerstone of the Day ~ Work

Charles Baudelaire, pretty much THE French poet of the 19th century, provides our words of wisdom for the day. From what I've learned, and there's plenty more to grasp I'm sure, he was both a talented and troubled soul. He offers:
As a remedy against all ills - poverty, sickness, and melancholy, only one thing is absolutely necessary: a liking for work.
I'm not so sure about this always working however. It seems to have perhaps not always been so for Mr. Baudelaire as well. Maybe it did usually apply in simpler times? I like (love?) to work and often think I can do the work of two men. Finding somebody to pay me a reasonable wage for my work seems to be what is necessary right now. At least I've got my health. For now. Peace ... or War!

No comments: