Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"Educator" David Davis ~ Thank God for Florida?

Ponce de Leon High School, the home of the Pirates, in Holmes County is located south of Enterprise down in the Florida panhandle. I've driven through at times on my way to and from the Gulf Coast. I'm sure there are some decent folks, even those that might not be as tolerant as might be ideal. I expect some are fundamentalists that are simply blind to their own limitations. I'd missed the original reporting on this mess but today's AP/MSNBC Principal’s outing of gay student roils Fla. town: Many in conservative Panhandle community wonder what man did wrong brought me up to speed. The ACLU provides further details including the Federal District Judge's opinion, worth a visit simply for an understanding of free expression rights of students. That David Davis is returning to the classroom to teach American government and ... is rather frustrating. Reckon he's read of a certain theory on Anne Bonny and Mary Read's relationship? John Gunn

No comments: