Wednesday, March 28, 2007

St. John McCain and the Lost Boys

Neverland indeed! The Straight Talk Express has taken the wrong turn for certain. WTF is John McCain talking about? He and the other Lost Boys are following this failed Presidency to the point of where I'm about to get my Scots up. Appearing on CNN's Situation Room just yesterday, here's McCain's latest blunder:

MCCAIN: You know, that's why you ought to catch up on things, Wolf.

General Petraeus goes out there almost every day in an unarmed Humvee. You want to -- I think you ought to catch up. You see, you are giving the old line of three months ago. I understand it. We certainly don't get it through the filter of some of the media.

But I know for a fact of much of the success we're experiencing, including the ability of Americans in many parts -- not all. We've got a long, long way to go. We've only got two of the five brigades there -- to go into some neighborhoods in Baghdad in a secure fashion.


Michael Ware in CNN was turned to for verification. He said

Well, I'd certainly like to bring Senator McCain up to speed, if he ever gives me the opportunity. And if I have any difficulty hearing you right now, Wolf, that's because of the helicopter circling overhead and the gun battle that is blazing just a few blocks down the road.

Is Baghdad any safer?

Sectarian violence -- one particular type of violence -- is down. But none of the American generals here on the ground have anything like Senator McCain's confidence.

I mean, Senator McCain's credibility now on Iraq, which has been so solid to this point, has now been left out hanging to dry.

To suggest that there's any neighborhood in this city where an American can walk freely is beyond ludicrous. I'd love Senator McCain to tell me where that neighborhood is and he and I can go for a stroll.

And to think that General David Petraeus travels this city in an unarmed Humvee. I mean in the hour since Senator McCain has said this, I've spoken to some military sources and there was laughter down the line. I mean, certainly, the general travels in a Humvee. There's multiple Humvees around it, heavily armed. There's attack helicopters, predator drones, sniper teams, all sorts of layers of protection.

So, no, Senator McCain is way off base on this one -- Wolf.


"Hung out to dry" is being kind. And I'm not so sure about McCain's credibility being solid on Iraq or anything else given these last few years. This guy might not get the GOP nod but if he does I'm sure Edwards and the other front runners will have this and plenty more to load onto St. John come 2008. In the meanwhile, the losses and damage mount. Glad those soldiers over there got a laugh out of Maverick McCain at least. Heck of a job Bu$hCo. Peace ... or War!

No comments: