Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Outlander of the Day ~ Sonny Perdue

An early award, after all we've got a long day ahead, but might as well send Sonny some shame. Cynthia Tucker (an Auburn grad to boot so here's the obligatory "War Eagle!") of the AJC nails the man and most of today's GOP with, "Like Perdue, many Southern conservatives struggle to accommodate their love of a stern God and their abhorrence of government." Amen!

I worked with some serious Sonny fans and have a few family members that clearly remain so. In fact, I recently joked with one that married into the family (that I still call "The Republican" although he's hardly the only one!) that I'd give up my ACLU bumper sticker to cover up his Sonny sticker.

While I'm hardly sympathetic to the "heritage" crowd, I'd have had to throw a punch on Sonny "Secret Chamber Man" Perdue's crawfishing on his flag vote promises. You guys got played, sort of like how God's Own Party does regular folks so very often.

I guess if another candidate comes along during the day we can name another Outlander of the Day. Feel free to nominate. Peace ... or War!

No comments: