Monday, March 12, 2007

Halliburton to Locate HQ in Dubai

MSNBC/Reuters gives us the news. Wonder how much they'll save in taxes? Another thing I immediately pondered is if their records might not be more secure from subpoenas over there. On a personal note, and I like to bring in those when possible, I recall delivering some horses to a guy along the Oklahoma/Texas line about two years ago. This man was wearing a nasty old Halliburton chore coat but despite the filth you could tell it was a super nice quality cover. I recalled feeling almost sick about the mere sight of that name. This old cowboy was a nice enough fellow and yet any association with this bunch of outlaws hindered my ability to relate to him as I'd have liked. "Free enterprise my rear end!" is my response to this move. The rich get richer? Finally, Cheney's days may well be numbered as the stars are seemingly aligning against old Dead Eye Dick as of late. Yet don't count this old hand out. Past post reveals some of the many "entanglements". Tip of the tam to Danziger at the Trib for the image. Peace ... or War!
UPDATE - Although link rot has taken over much of the prior post above, T.D. Allman's Rolling Stone piece from way back in 2004 is a must read to understand Cheney.

No comments: