Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Monkey Business?

Might not post much in next few days as back to the grind of Monster and Career Builder and ... Might I vent on a personal matter? It's my blog so I guess I can do what I wish. Scots up a touch yet mostly just sad and confused. A few days of work will make it better I'm sure but I dread having to get back on these job sites and start all that back again.

Trip to Orlando last week was for naught. I interviewed for an Outside Sales opportunity on Friday and was told they'd decide between two candidates (I was even told I was favored) yesterday. However, I got an email on Monday telling me that the position was not being filled. Since I offered to drive down (Southwest plane was broken on Wednesday and other flights were fully booked until middle of this week) to be told of the consolidation of territories after the fact has me rather bothered. Maybe there is more to the story yet seems like rather poor form based on what I know.

This morning I got another email from an HR Department telling me that a position had been withdrawn. That's happened several times (What gives here?) yet at least I didn't drive 1000 miles before learning that the offer was off the table.

So far my efforts to nail down meaningful work after the campaign has been very frustrating yet I know there are opportunities out there. If I were a ReThuglican there might be some Wing Nut Welfare gigs in the "think tanks" and "policy shops" and ... that would pay enough to live on. Lefty Progressive outfits generally don't shell out the dollars and even so those jobs are super competitive.

Some manual labor about the Ponderosa will perhaps clear my mind. Peace ... or War!

No comments: