Sunday, July 13, 2008

New York's Democratic Congressman Charlie Rangel asks “Why should I help you embarrass me?”

David Kocieniewski reports in The Gray Lady For Rangel, Four Rent-Stabilized Apartments and I'm hardly shocked to read this sordid tale. Rep. Rangel has a safe district and is therefore untouchable. Once again, those in power don't walk their own talk. I'm becoming more and more convinced that many of those allegedly on the side of Progressivism aren't truly committed. If he's milking rent control with a sweet deal like this while allegedly serving those in a poor area like Harlem then he's embarrassed himself. John Gunn

UPDATE - Congressman Rangel responds. He says it is none of the New York Time's business about “how much space I think I need for my family and my friends.” Actually, they are looking out for his constituents and the public in general. The press should comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable. Clearly he is getting a sweetheart deal. The Gray Lady is due a tip of the tam.

No comments: