Thursday, March 16, 2006

Russ Feingold Seeks Facts Not Spin

The lovely and talented Georgia10 at Kos sends us to the Senator's words from a press conference of today. Feingold is reported to have said, in part and with my emphasis supplied, the following,
... when the spin machines are out there ... I think that the press decided immediately that somehow this was a bad thing for Democrats and a good thing for conservatives. The facts don't bear it out. You don't have the polls to prove it..... So the instant decision about what the story is, actually, I think is going to backfire on those who made up the story. I don't get the feeling that I had on Monday about this -- yes, people were concerned -- I'm not getting that. And if the right wing really believes in this country that -- Rush Limbaugh and others -- that they can somehow turn the president's reputation around by saying, "You're darn right he violated the law, and it's a good thing," I think they're just as confused as they are about their Iraq politics. People aren't buying it anymore. So not only do I not regret it, I felt an absolute obligation to do it.

Feingold not only managed to hold the Bu$hCo cabal's feet to the fire but also to remind the "so called liberal media" to stop accepting the junk they are so often fed by the ReThuglicans. Georgia10 aslo sends us to the very poll numbers that show more Americans support censure than oppose the same. There are 10% still undecided which means evidence and facts will bring most to Feingold's position. This could very well work out nicely for Russ Feingold and most importantly our nation. Soldier on Senator! Peace ... or War!

No comments: