Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bu$hCo's No Child Left Behind applied to football

Via Daily Kos, Dragon5616 shares No Child Left Behind--The football version (snark) and it works for this educator in voluntary exile. Everybody wins ... or else! I appreciated "If parents do not like this new law, they are encouraged to vote for vouchers and support private schools that can screen out the non-athletes and prevent their children from having to go to school with bad football players." yet I can also relate to this portion:
Talented players will be asked to work out on their own, without instruction. This is because the coaches will be using all their instructional time with the athletes who aren't interested in football, have limited athletic ability, or whose parents don't like football.
Amen! I suppose frustrations with NCLB first led me to blogging and I've posted on it often. Here's just one post with a good number of links to prior posts contained therein. If I ever return to the classroom one can hope at least some measure of sanity will have returned to the profession. John Gunn

No comments: