Thursday, December 13, 2007

Highlander of the Day ~ Alabama's Ron Sparks

While I'm not yet supporting Hillary Clinton, I'm still pleased that Alabama's Agriculture Commissioner Ron Sparks is willing to serve as a co-chair of her Rural Americans for Hillary effort. I know Phillip Rawls is writing of the conventional wisdom of Sparks being bold with his move yet I've long though being labeled "liberal" is an opportunity rather than a problem for Alabama Democratic Party candidates. Flipping the liberal label back at the GOP by pointing out the radicalism of much of those on the right is my preferred tactic. I look forward to helping Ron Sparks in his own efforts in serving Alabama even more in the future. Finally, Hillary's ideas on small farms/rural issues are also worth a look. Well played Commissioner. Peace ... or War!

No comments: