Saturday, December 08, 2007

Blaming Bu$hCo for Teen Birth Rate Increase

The WaPo's Rob Stein will provide the coverage I'll use for background yet here's hoping most have read the news by now. Is a "Heck of a job Bu$hie!" appropriate? I've yet to study the report closely yet have to note the spin seems to reflect agendas, perhaps on various sides of the political divides.

The usual suspects on the right like NewsBusters used the news as an excuse to go after "liberal media bias". Tony Perkins' Family Research Council thinks the millions spent on abstinence education under Bu$hCo's DOE isn't "authentic" enough. Huh?

I've long been a critic of pretty much every facet of Bu$hCo yet their emphasis on abstinence only sex education has to rank near the top of the many reasons I loathe this administration. Perhaps they can get these teens to marry?

I've taught teens. Comprehensive sex education, with an opt out for parents and/or kids that want to pass on the learning, makes sense to me. Abstinence only approaches seem like wishful thinking to me. Of course this is true for pretty much any policy coming from the current White House. Peace ... or War!

No comments: