Saturday, June 24, 2006

Has Bu$hCo Bit the Hand That Leads Him?

The WaPo's Karen DeYoung reports "Officials Defend Financial Searches - Critics Assert Secret Program Invades Privacy" where Treasury has been getting access to SWIFT banking records. You'll just have to read the article if this is not something you aren't up to speed on. International clearing house that processes many financial transactions is the bottom line. I'd never heard of it before this last week.

My question is how the business community will respond to this program. It seems at least radical and yet does that surprise us? I don't think this is nearly the problem thet the NSA and communication records appears to be yet it is a true concern. This administration is without shame once again and I love how Snow Job has already learned to yell "9-11" whenever the questions get tough. Caught? Just deflect with 9-11.

The secrecy that this administration treasures requires Congress to be especially informed and I'm just not thinking it has been occuring. I'm just not so certain that some very powerful folks want Dick Cheney and this cabal nosing around in their financial records. Additionally, can you imagine the leverage this might give the person holding the data?

The more I learn the less surprised I am with Bu$hCo. I want my country back! Peace ... or War!

No comments: