Friday, June 02, 2006

Four Months and Two Hundred Plus Footnotes with the "Bottom Line" that Bu$hCo Stole 2004

Robert F. Kennedy working with Rolling Stone gives us "Was the 2004 Election Stolen? Republicans prevented more than 350,000 voters in Ohio from casting ballots or having their votes counted -- enough to have put John Kerry in the White House."

I've sent you to the print version yet the original is here with souces and documents portion here. Long and detailed and ... But mostly it is enraging. I'm talking storm the barricades rage!

I will confess, hoping the circumstances might not cost me a license from Alabama and Georgia teachers certification authorities, that I was still a touch drunk when I arrived at work on November 3rd in 2004. I admitted to a Bu$hCo loving colleague that usually enjoyed the banter, as long as I didn't press her to back up her outrageous claims, that I was pouring a few stiff ones in the early hours. I recall falling asleep late on the 2nd for a bit feeling a little nervous about some numbers yet when I woke up all hell had broken loose with the exit polls trends. I think I've been in a mild case of shock ever since. Medicinal scotch?

I've followed a fair amount of this issue yet Mr. Kennedy has nailed down the story in a very solid manner. That the so called mainstream liberal media hasn't given this really any attention says much I'd argue. Please read and ponder this effort. Then tell others about the serious questions raised by the possibility that Dubyah was able to reach the White House under less than certain circumstances.

I'll try to tie in somewhat with Alabama's Secretary of State primary next week when I'm able yet for the time being I'll just suggest dumping Nancy Worley and going with Ed Packard. The GOP candidate is looking strong and I think Packard might be better able to keep this office under the good guys control. Might not matter really for national elections just yet but a GOP operator in the SoS office could make thing tough for local and state candidates. Peace ... or War!

UPDATE : Although I've yet to read the whole piece in Salon (I think non-members may access after a little marketing) Farhad Manjoo gives us "Was the 2004 election stolen? No. : In Rolling Stone, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. argues that new evidence proves that Bush stole the election. But the evidence he cites isn't new and his argument is filled with distortions and blatant omissions." I'm still thinking monkey business was going on and yet I figure this is worth a look before you swallow Kennedy's work hook, line, and sinker. Unlike some of the Kool Aid swillers and shillers on the right, I'd like my/our reality to be fact based. Peace ... or War!

No comments: