Saturday, February 04, 2006

Rantings of a Scot?

So why fool with this "work" might be a question? Partly a chance to vent that is admittedly a bit therapeutic. David Neiwert at Ornicus offers up some of his ideas on blogging yesterday. I figure this blog might be a way to grow my practice and maybe even make some money. Could maybe use the blogging to meet "the one" and in the meantime have some fun through meeting new people. Surely I need practice in my writing! May eventually try a local or regional approach to try to do something for my area, and admittedly there is much to be done. Yet mostly expect I'll share this effort (and others that may follow) and certainly my blogroll (to the right) with people I know as a salon of sorts for busy people that are making their way through our world. So much never filters through the mainstream media into our busy lives.

Here's an example of the stuff I want to share from TPM Cafe via Greg Anrig Jr. following up on a report that suggest that kids in regular old public schools outperform those in charter or private schools in standardized math testing once the data are adjusted for family income and ethnicity and ... No surprise to this educator and yet I want to read a little closer before I am prepared to comment. Anrig points out nicely the reactions for various "experts" to the study might need to be taken with a grain of salt. It hard to imagine money having a role!

Certainly a work in progress and mostly practice for now. Peace ... War.

No comments: