Friday, November 21, 2008

The Mobile Press-Register is still on offense

I've referenced Reagan's Chesterfield ads previously so the image to the left might be recognizable to frequent readers. And I've surely written of the Mobile P-R's tendency to rely on offense as any movement conservative tends toward. Their Blaming it on Alabama takes a whack at unions with a creative interpretation of remarks of United Auto Workers union President Ron Gettelfinger. I'm surely thinking automobile manufacturing subsidies in Alabama and what UAW workers actually earn compared to non-union workers in Alabama are relevant. However, the Mobile P-R continues to be more interested in rhetoric. I'm guessing "The Party of Fakes" appreciates the P-R's efforts but I frankly figure Alabama, the nation, and our world beyond need much more given the present mess we find ourselves in. John Gunn

No comments: