Saturday, February 02, 2008

A tip of the tam to John Edwards

I'll leave the John Edwards bumper stickers on Raoul (my little green CRV) for a while longer. While he was never Russ Feingold or Al Gore, John Edwards was the pick of the litter in 2008. Populism with poise.

As for my vote, I'm still uncertain. I think I'll look for a good Congressional race in 2008 to keep me busy. We need better than what any of the moderates left can deliver but at least Bu$hCo and the serious "conservatives" will be out of power for at least a few years. I fear Congress and the White House will fail to move far enough toward Progressive solutions to our many problems yet hope springs eternal.

I'll let Meteor Blades on Kos explain some of what I think John Edwards' candidacy meant. "Frustrating, sometimes infuriating" truly applies on the media ignoring reformers like Edwards and Kucinich yet surely both being in the race was a positive. John Edwards' Pace University "terrorism speech" this past September remains as close to perfection on that issue as I've yet to study. His work on poverty will continue. Well done Senator. P/W

No comments: