Friday, February 08, 2008

ACU's David Keene on St. John McCain

My dearest friend talked with me just this evening about seeing David Keene on Bloomberg and I now find an interview he gave McClatchy. Since the name didn't ring a bell I'm fortunate. Oh, he's the one that ... I could care less about whether he or other movement conservatives trusting John McCain but I do enjoy seeing yet another illustration of what "conservatism" represents. Keene's conservatism in fact has been questioned when it came down to making bank. I'm shocked, shocked!

Also, up front I'll praise his ACU for fretting over the so called "Patriot Act". That one reason he is hollering over the violations of our civil liberties is that he believes we are in a permanent war is noted however.

My friend didn't tell me he was a leader with the American Conservative Union or otherwise I might have been able to connect his name to that nasty outfit. She, however, did tell me he was talking up South Carolina's Governor Mark Sanford. Given Stg, John's "Last Codger Standing" status, Governor Sanford might help offset the concerns of age.

Keene is just one of the conservative set that we need to follow as we keep our eyes on St. John and the GOP as they gear up for the general. While I'm hardly thrilled with Hillary and Obama, the idea of another four or more years under a "conservative" administration terrifies me. take what they openly claim as their beliefs and then jujitsu them. Go at their BS directly. Frame the alternative as a Progressive would. And just win baby! John Gunn

No comments: