Sunday, November 11, 2007

Did Bu$hCo Ignore Hart-Rudman Commission?

Above we have former Senators Gary Hart and Warren Rudman. I was totally ignorant of the Senators' work on The US Commission on National Security/21st and yet it surely seemed, and still seems, relevant. Thanks to my finally finishing Professor Eric Alterman's What Liberal Media? I've learned at least a little that I now want to share. Jake Tapper's Salon piece, namely Commission warned Bush; But White House passed on recommendations by a bipartisan, Defense department-ordered commission on domestic terrorism., from just the day after September 11, 2001, is the best summary I can find yet the Google is having trouble coming up with much subsequent coverage. Reckon why? From the start of the Bu$hCo reign it surely seems that Dubyah and Dick and Condi and ... have plenty of questions remaining as to exactly what they did regarding the threat of terrorism. Peace ... or War!

No comments: