Thursday, July 27, 2006

WaPo's Thomas E. Ricks on Iraq Fiasco

I heard the majority of an interview of Mr. Rick's on NPR this Tuesday when I was loading and unloading brood cows. Experiencing cattle being run through the chutes and then dropped back with their assigned bull seems appropriate for how this war was sold and bought by many Americans yet this book examines the military, focusing on the occupation from what I've learned. I've added it to my Amazon "wish list" and will try to get to it one of these days.

Recent reporting from Mr. Ricks at the WaPo entitled "In Iraq, Military Forgot the Lessons of Vietnam - Early Missteps by U.S. Left Troops Unprepared for Guerrilla Warfare" seems consistent with what I heard this Tuesday when I wasn't playing farm hand. "Fiasco" is not too bold a term. In any other administration than Bu$hCo some accountability would exist for creating such conditions. Peace ... or War!

No comments: