Monday, July 24, 2006

Straight Talk Examines Conservative Failures

I've seldom had folks that I deal with directly label me as part of the "Looney Left" as most learn they'll draw back a nub. I truly enjoy talking with the rare conservative around here that can reason through their positions. I've yet to have a smart, well-informed conservative call me "looney", at least as best as I'm aware.

Given the disasters of Bu$hCo, many "conservatives" are trying to now offer that he's really not "conservative". While I agree up to a point, Dubyah's policies are certainly related to what Reagan started in the early 80s and Newt brought along in 1994.

I've long been a fan of The Campaign for America's Future and their "Straight Talk" effort gives us a nice chart, with the ability to read further, on "The Conservative Failure". Study this work to be ready to fight off "looney left" labels. I've found the better informed I became the less I had to deal with Dittoheads and those lightweights. It might not matter to some Christianist "Values Voter" types but the economic and environmental and health care and ... realities are especially hard to deny. Additionally, the rare conservative that can make a rational defense of their positions will have to work long and hard to explain away these failures. Peace ... or War!

No comments: