Saturday, January 28, 2006

Being Noble not Amazonian?

Although I've linked to Amazon in my brief time in the blogosphere it would seem that I've been mistaken. Barnes and Noble is claimed as being blue and Amazon is rather red. I've noted a few "real" bloggers that often to Amazon yet the Captain wonder why if in fact my understanding is correct. It's "Peace ... or War!" Plaidsters. I plan on gently scolding some of my favorite bloggers that are Amazonian or at least asking if they think it is wise to support those that don't seem to support progressive ideas. I've dropped in an affiliate button down on the lower right where I'll get a small cut of whatever you spend at B&N. Trust the Tartan!

1 comment:

Captain Plaid said...

Capitalism's reality of competition does come into play however in that it appears Amazon's search and link and ... capacities are superior to B&N. I'll still try to use B&N but also Chelsea Green (check out the Flaming Grasshopper on my link section for CG's blog) and then Powell's to boot. Amazon is barely "red" compared to some and maybe they aren't Satan after all. So I'm keeping them as a "partner" and will use them. I do encourage people to buy local and try to keep the Mom and Pop afloat but I know that can be tough. Maybe one day the country will return to some level of sanity where a focus on sustainability can level the playing field away from capitalism on steroids.